We accept applications year round. The timeline of our hiring process is as follows:
- Spring Facilitators: Hiring begins in January; season begins end of March
- Summer staff: Hiring begins in March or April; season begins early June
- Fall Facilitators: Hiring begins in June or July; season begins late August
While it’s important to apply early, we sometimes hire staff last minute as needed, so there is no deadline to submit your application.
1. First, we encourage you to become extremely knowledgeable about Genesee Valley (read through our website, speak with former employees, etc). Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about who we are and what we do.
2. To apply, please download an application from our website, then fill it out and send it in with your resume.
3. Once your application is reviewed, we will notify you if we would like to set up a first interview. The first interview is either done here on property or over the phone.
4. After the first interview, we’ll let you know if we’d like to schedule a second interview. The two interviews will be given by two different people.
5. Your references will be contacted either before or after your second interview.
6. If we decide to offer you the position or a spot in training (for facilitators and counselors), we’ll send out a contract and paperwork.
Training (for facilitators and counselors)
Before you are officially hired as a facilitator or counselor, you will be required to go through an extensive and intense 2-week training, after which you must successfully pass a practical examination (which we call check-off). If you do not pass check-off to our standards, you will not be offered a position on our staff. You will receive a stipend during training.
During training you will:
- Learn how to safely operate all aspects of our challenge course
- Practice many of the activities we use with groups and campers
- Become comfortable with the way Genesee Valley operates as an organization, challenge course, farm, and community
- Shadow other facilitators and co-lead
If you are unsure about whether or not you would like to accept the spot in the training group, we can schedule a time when you may shadow one of our facilitators so you can get a feel for what the work is like.
All employees must pass a background checkand have current CPR and First Aid certification (this can be completed during the training period).
Have more questions?
For more information on job openings and the application process, please contact our office at 410-343-0101 or email@example.com.